So its school holidays and kids are getting bored. What can you do? Cook of course!
Miss 4 decided she wanted ‘chocolate balls’ so I used the basics and let her decide on what to include and do the all exciting mixing part!
This is a high protein snack packed with energy. Its perfect for Vegans and Paleo diets. The recipe has only natural nuts, chia seeds, hemp powder, dates and other natural ingredients. No cooking is required for these so its the perfect go to snack with the kids as they can eat them immediately.
Packed with protein from the nuts, LSA and Hemp powder, sweetened by the pitted dates and maple syrup it contains only natural sugars for taste and energy.
So a nice quick recipe today and the kids are happy, so am I. Healthy snacks ready for the weekend!
- 20 pitted dates, soaked and finely chopped
- 4 tbl Chocolate hemp powder (can use protein powder, or pea protein and add cocao for chocolate flavouring)
- 4 tbl white chia seeds
- 1 cup LSA meal
- 1/4 cup cashews, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup almonds, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 5 tbl maple syrup (organic or sugar free)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Extra 1/4 cup coconut to roll bliss balls in, (not to be added to the mixture).
Soak pitted dates for 10 minutes in hot boiled water.
Drain and chop fine. Be sure to remove any pips and discard.
Chop all ingredients that require chopping.
Place all ingredients together in a large bowl.
Mix all ingredients until well combined.
With clean dry hands, roll mixture into 12 balls.
Coat in coconut if you like. (I did half coated, half without).
Can be eaten immediately.
Store in refrigerator.