Looking for a refreshing salad? One that has the sweetness of honey and sourness of lime? One that includes salad and roasted vegetables with a touch of sharp mustard flavour?
Then heres one thats a must try!
A healthy option for a pasta salad!
You could add meat to this salad or even use as a marinade. Delightfully delicate in flavour and delicious, yet so simple!
- 2 limes, juice
- 1-2 tbl honey (depending on your sweet tooth)
- 1 tbl dijon mustard
- 1 tbl greek yoghurt
- 2 tbl extra virgin olive oil (for roasting)
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut in small cubes 1-2 cm
- 1 cup broccolli, cut to small florets
- 1/2 avocado, cut in small cubes
- 1/2 red onion, sliced and halved
- 1 carrot, shave/peel as many ribbons as you like
- CherryTomatoes x 10, cut in halves
- 1/4 cucumber, cut in smalll cubes
- 1/4 block feta cheese
- 1 cup pasta (organic, brown, pulse, whatever you prefer)
Peel and prepare all vegetables. Ensure you wash them first.
Bring a pot of water to boil. Once boiling cook pasta as per instructions.
Add oil to an oven proof baking dish. Add sweet potato and broccolli and cook until soft in the middle. Turning regularly. Remove broccolli when needed.
Add all cold salad ingredients to bowl leaving out the sauce and feta cheese. Add roasted vegetables once cooked.
Drain pasta, allow to cool then add to salad.
Mix the sauce ingredients in a separate bowl. Once combined well, mix through the salad.
Top with the feta cheese, crumbled.
You can add chicken to create a main meal or use as a side dish.
Be mindful of portion size as you will be going back for more!