Muffins don’t have to be full of sugar and full of guilt. They can be full of goodness and taste!
This is my simple 90 sec recipe that can be whipped up in no time for those moments when a sweet tooth for cake, muffins or dessert hits.
You can change the orange to lemon if you prefer. You can also use less milk and more juice for a stronger flavour. Its all up to your tastebuds!
- 1 medium-large orange, juice and rind (grated for serving) and save some juice for topping
- 3 tbl wholemeal flour
- 2 tbl almond milk (or preferred)
- 1 tsp organic stevia sweetener (can add 2 if wanting sweeter)
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- Optional: natural greek yoghurt for serving. Dark chocolate buttons for centre of muffin.
Add all dry ingredients to a microwave safe mug.
Squeeze the juice from the orange and add to the mug with the remaining wet ingredients. Save some juice to pour over the top once cooked.
Mix well. (If adding 1-2 buttons of dark chocolate, place in the middle now).
Microwave on high for 90 seconds.
Grate orange rind.
Serve by pouring remaining juice over top. Add yoghurt if using then grated orange rind.