A perfect smoothie for Paleo style eaters! A wholesome and tasty breakfast or lunch that’s sweet, smooth and simply irresistible!
After the big Christmas break and New Years celebrations I’m back into some smoothies for breakfast! Seeing the kids eat salted caramel ice-cream yesterday, I was looking forward to trying it as a smoothie. Guilt free without the ice-cream of course!
There are options with this smoothie such as:
- Omit the cream if your a Paleo eater who doesn’t consume dairy
- Use rice malt syrup or honey instead of maple syrup
- Use crunchy peanut butter if you prefer rather than smooth
- Crush natural peanuts or cashews and sprinkle over the top
- Omit the salt if you prefer no salt in your food
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 banana
- 2 tbl maple syrup (sugar free) or rice malt syrup or honey
- 4 pitted dates, chopped
- 1/2 tbl organic tulled tahini (not necessary if you don’t have it)
- 1 tbl smooth peanut butter (nut butter)
- pinch of pink sea salt or Himalayan rock salt
Chop dates for easier blending. (Always double check the seeds have been removed)
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Garnish with light whipped cream, syrup, cocao nibs, sprinkle of cocao or a few slices of banana.