A very simple salad bursting with flavour!
A healthy meal in itself, all the colors of the rainbow, natural, and has protein! That’s healthy alright!
- chinese cabbage, thinly sliced
- tomatoes, cut in chunks
- carrot shaved
- red or yellow capsicum
- purple onion, thinly sliced then cut in half
- fresh basil, sliced or chopped
- slithered almonds
- pine nuts
- you can add raspberries or a piece of fruit like pear for a touch of sweetness and feta cheese
- served with whole beetroot and homemade dressing
Prepare and cut all all ingredients and place in a large bowl and set aside.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- clove crushed
Squeezes juice of 1 fresh lemon and place in small bowl.
Add oil and garlic and stir until combined. (1 part juice to 3 parts oil)
*You will need to taste test as you go and adjust to your liking.
Drizzle over salad and serve.
Options: You can add lean chicken breast strips to the salad.
Serve alongside other fresh produce such as whole baby beetroot.
Change the nuts in it.
Add fruit such as pear or an apple.
Or simply add the dressing to any other salads.