I love savory! I love bread! But mostly I love sourdough bread!
Its more dense than white, wholemeal or wholegrain bread. It has a different texture, its processed differently, tastes awesome and is great for gut health. A good healthy gut means better digestion, good bacteria, better immunity and better weight-loss results.
Tuna, feta, capsicum and hommus sourdough Turkish bread!
So easy, so different, so yum!
- 1 sourdough Turkish bread roll (only need half, about 85g)
- 1/2 can tuna in olive oil
- 1/2 red capsicum
- 2 tsp hummus dip OR tzatziki dip OR Pestpo paste (I use gluten free dairy free)
- 2 slices of Greek feta, crumbled
- 2 slices of gourmet tomato, sliced
- Mixed lettuce leaf or spinach
Preheat oven 200 deg
Cut half the capsicum, remove seeds and cut that half into 3. (You don’t need the other half unless making 2).
Place on baking tray and bake for 10 mins.
Towards the end of 10 mins, place Turkish bread in to heat and crunch up.
Once cooked, cut in half and spread 1 tsp hummus on the bottom piece of bread and 1 tsp on the top.
Then layer up your roll with lettuce, feta, baked capsicum, tuna, tomato.
Lunch is served!
With a skim homemade latte of course
……You can add garlic but since I’m going out I didn’t hehe
You can add carrot, baked pumpkin slices, any vegetable you like.