One minute throw together, five minutes cook…only two minutes to eat its so good!
A healthy family friendly option for pizza! The kid’s can even make their own!
I have toppings set out for them on plates to add what they like. Making their own special pizza has proven to be beneficial, as they eat all their dinner! No prompting and bribery needed!
Ham, Pineapple and Parmesan Pita Pizza
- 2 x wholemeal pocket pita, lite, cholesterol free
- 2 slice lean round ham (or 2 x lean short cut bacon)
- Half red capsicum
- 2 x pineapple slices, cut in pieces
- 6 x cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Red onion; cut slices enough for your liking
- 4 x button mushrooms sliced
- Reduced fat feta cheese, crumble a small piece to sprinkle on each pizza
- 50g Parmesan cheese, sprinkle over for both pizzas
- Fresh herbs or tsp dry Italian mixed herbs
- Fresh basil
- Fresh chives
- 2 x tsp reduced salt & sugar tomato paste
*Optional: 1/2 to 1 tsp sun dried tomato paste for each pizza.
Preheat oven 180 deg.
Spread over tomato paste on pitas. If adding sun dried tomato paste do it now.
Add ham. Then layer on vegies.
Sprinkle top with feta, then parmesen and top with fresh chives.
Cook 5-10 mins depending on your liking.